The state of the art Rtec Multi Function tribometer Mft-5000 is globally regarded as the most versatile and technologically advanced tribometer. Manufactured at silicon valley, California it is used by several top labs, universities and industries. The tribometer offers next generation patented force sensors with ultra low resolution, highest speeds and wide environmental control range than any other commercially existing tribometer. The patented integrated 3D profilometer allows to analyse surface change vs time. The universal tribometer MFT-5000 allows to create a comprehensive report on friction, wear, tribology and surface analysis.
● Integrated 3D Profilometer
● Load Range Nano, Micro, Macro
● -120C to 1200C
● Modular with Interchangeable Modules
● Used by top companies, labs globally
● Coatings, Lubricants, Materials Mechanical and Tribology Studies
Concept- Interchangeable modules on same platform
The tribometer has a modular architecture. Easy to change modules allows it to run practically any friction test, wear test. The platform comes with lower X,Y and and upper Multiple Z stages. On top of XY stage various modules mount. Flow chart about configuring
● Rotary - Pin on disk tribometer, ball on disk tribometer etc. 0.001-10,000 RPM
● Reciprocating - Linear reciprocating tribometer wear, pin on plate etc. up to 80Hz
● Block on Ring - Test bearings, shafts, lubricant, grease, etc. high torque, high speed
● Upper Rotation - 4 Ball tester, tapping torque tester, seals etc. upto 5000RPM
● Long Stroke High Speed- 40mm at 40Hz. test piston ring cylinder liner, engines, compressors etc.
● Fretting Voice Coil - 5um to 4mm stroke, upto 500Hz. Fretting wear, fretting loop creation
Patented Integrated Inline 3D Profilometer
Rtec friction tester comes with inline integrated 3d profilometer to create surface imaging. This allows to study surface change vs time with nm resolution. Why friction force changes can be easily quantified. Various techniques such as interferometer, confocal , raman are available for the measurements. The tester allows for automatic stitching across a large surface area for volume wear, roughness calculations.
Rigid tribometer design allows for a very low floor noise, that enables to perform 3D images automatically. The optical profilometery was specifically optimized to work on tribology wear marks as they typically have steep slopes, dark texture, liquid layers on top. There are two optical heads available for integration.
● Sigma head - White light interferometery
● Lambda Head - White light interferometery + Confocal microscopy + Dark Field + Bright Field Imaging
Automatic Sub nm Surface Change Image vs Time
The data shows 3D wear mark progression during linear reciprocating test. The data is then used to calculate and study
● Volume wear progression
● Roughness change
● Crack initiation and propagation
● Debris creation
● Topography change
● Effect of textures on tribology
● Effect of surface roughness
The profilometer images can be taken vs time, cycles or on a trigger, for eg. image the wear track when acoustic emission channel shows crack initiation point or when there is sudden change in friction etc.
Unmatched Load Cell Technology - Capacitive, Piezo
Other Important Features
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: MFT-5000